- Genius is the capacity for productive reaction against one's training.
- --Bernard Berenson
- Could we teach taste or genius by rules, they would be no longer taste and genius.
- --Joshua Reynolds
- If children grew up according to early indications, we should have nothing but geniuses.
- --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Genius without education is like silver in the mine.
- --Benjamin Franklin
True genius sees with the eyes of a child and thinks with the brain of a genii.
Genius, as an explosive power, beats gunpowder hollow.
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble.
- Genius is a promontory jutting out of the infinite.
--F. Scott Fitzgerald
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it.
Everyone is a genius at least once a year; a real genius has his original ideas closer together.
--G. C. Lichtenberg
- Genius is the ability to put into effect what is in your mind.
Genius is that energy which collects, combines, amplifies, and animates. --Samuel Johnson
It takes immense genius to represent, simply and sincerely, what we see in front of us.
Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple.
--C. W. Ceram
- Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them.
Skill is fine, and genius in splendid, but right contacts are more valuable than either.
Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it.
Never think that God's delays are God's denials.
Hold on; hold fast; hold out.
Patience is genius.
--George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon
- Genius is an infinite capacity for taking life by the scruff of the neck.